Most popular laser printers
HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw
- BIG PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL PACKAGE - This compact color laser printer features fastest in-class first page out and two-sided printing, plus scan, copy, fax and wireless, as well as an auto document feeder, USB port and 2.7-inch color touchscreen
- FAST PRINT SPEEDS - Prints up to 22 pages per minute black/color, first page out as fast as 10.3 sec black and 11.7 sec color, input tray paper capacity up to 250 sheets
- EASILY PRINT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE - Simply connect your iOS or Android device to the same network as your printer to print, or print without a network using Wi-Fi Direct
- THE POWER OF YOUR PRINTER IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud-such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY YOU CAN COUNT ON - Have confidence in your connection with steady performance from dual band Wi-Fi, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
- MORE PAGES, PERFORMANCE, AND PROTECTION - Count on high-quality color and more pages than before with Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence
- ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY - 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support
- Designed for small work teams of 1-5 individuals who want enhanced productivity at a great value
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4) - Up to 40,000 pages
- Read more
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
- Scan to email
- Scan to folder
- Scan to USB drive
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.