NordicTrack SE9i - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 12-month iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts ($396 value)
- 7” HD Interactive Touchscreen Display streams on-demand iFit workouts into your home directly on your elliptical; An Integrated Tablet Holder secures your tablet or smartphone (not included)
- 24 Digital Resistance Levels; With iFit, your trainer auto-adjusts your elliptical; Adjustable Power Ramp allows you to train at an incline; Adjustable stride is perfect for multiple users
- Vertical SpaceSaver Design; Easily fold your elliptical for compact vertical storage when not in use; Upper Body Grips offer a total-body workout; SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance for quiet exercise
- 325-pound total weight capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty; 67” H x 32” W x 80” L
- Read more
Elliptical displays offer a wide range of features that vary greatly from one machine to another. The display can be as simple as analog LED lights that show time and distance traveled or as complex as a fully functioning TV screen with cable network connectivity. Displays vary in size and type, with higher end machines displaying more stats (time, distance, incline, speed, heart rate, workout program status, etc.) and offering more advanced features (such as a virtual tour that simulates traveling through real-life environments). There are positives and negatives to this level of complexity. On the plus side, sophisticated displays allow you to easily monitor and adjust your workout based on the information presented. They may also provide a distraction from the dull pace of elliptical exercise. At the same time, this kind of distraction can be harmful to your workout because it may cause you to fall or injure yourself or be overly conscious of the clock and distance.
Advanced display screens or TV screens could have the added benefit of linking with your smartphone, so you can watch video content on the display as you run. The suite of features will be dependent on your needs but know that you’ll pay significantly more for complex displays and TV screens.
- Speed & Pace
Ellipticals separate their warranties into four sections: Frame, Parts, Labor and Brake System. Across all of these categories, warranties are an important feature to assess in ellipticals because the length of the warranties are an indication of the company’s confidence in the machines ability to last. 90-day warranties show that the manufacturer doesn’t believe the elliptical hold up past the first 90 days of ownership.
Frame warranties should be lifetime warranties. Anything less than that is an indication of a cheaply made machine and buyers should be wary.
Parts warranties range from 90 days to 5 years to lifetime warranties. For light use, 90 days to 1 year might be an acceptable parts warranty, though you should not expect that machine to be extremely durable.
Labor warranties range from 90 days to 3 years. For light or moderate use, choose an elliptical with at least 1-year labor warranty. If you plan to use the machine long and often, it’d be best to find a labor warranty of 2-3 years. Note that labor warranties are typically shorter than parts warranties, which means that, up until a certain point, the company will cover the cost of parts, but not the cost of paying someone to fix it.
Finally, like the frame warranty, the best brands offer you a lifetime warranty on the brake system, which provides resistance on the elliptical. If you have an electromagnetic brake system, you likely won’t have any issues, but it always helps to have reassurance that you’re covered if something goes wrong.