Audioengine A5 Plus - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Audioengine A5 Plus
- POWERED BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS WITH DAC AND 100+ FOOT RANGE: AptX HD Bluetooth codec with 100+ foot range and 24bit DAC allows you to bypass the low quality sound card in your laptop or phone, delivering premium quality sound with extended wireless range of 100+ feet.
- FEATURES: Bluetooth, RCA and 3.5mm inputs, subwoofer output, small speakers with a big sound that fills any room, custom aramid fiber woofers and silk tweeters, high-fidelity premium Bluetooth aptX-HD, built-in power amps wrapped in hand-built wood cabinets, no network setup, no passwords, no hassle.
- WORKS WITH: Turntables with built-in or external preamps, all music players: phones, desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, TVs with an analog output, CD and DVD players, video game consoles and all products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine A5+ Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth antenna, 3.75m speaker wire, power supply & cord, 2m 3.5mm mini-jack audio cable, solid aluminum remote control, microfiber speaker bags and cable bags, setup guide, brochure.
- WARRANTY: Audioengine builds quality speakers that they stand behind. All Audioengine products come with a 3-year transferable warranty.
- Read more
Tweeters produce the highest frequencies in sound, typically anything above 2,000 Hz. Usually located at the top of the speaker, tweeters come in different shapes (detailed below) and sizes. Generally speaking, the size of the tweeter is not as important as the shape. But, for some guidance, consider that a larger tweeter (measured by diameter in inches or millimeters) will likely be louder and able to disperse sound over a larger area.
Speakers with midrange drivers (i.e., at least three-way speakers) have a distinct advantage over two-way speakers. Adding a midrange driver to the mix allows tweeters and woofers to focus on the sound waves they’re best equipped to produce—high tones and low tones respectively. More specific and focused drivers means more accurate, robust sound. Compared to the other drivers, midranges cover sounds, not surprisingly, in the middle of high/treble and low/bass tones. The human voice and most instruments fall into this range. For more sophisticated listeners, or for those who truly want the best sound reproduction, a midrange driver is crucial.
The woofer is the driver that is responsible for low frequency sounds and bass - crucial for well-rounded, booming sound. It is the biggest driver in size, and is usually shaped like a cone. When reviewing different bookshelf speakers, you will often see a measurement in the product name, starting as low as 4” and ranging to 6 ½” or more. This measurement refers to the diameter of the woofer. A general rule of thumb is a bigger woofer means louder, more powerful bass. But, as with any speaker metric, this number alone doesn’t describe the loudness of the speaker and should be taken into consideration with other measurements such as sensitivity, which describes the loudness of a speaker per watt.
- Speaker wire (16AWG)
- Detachable power cord
- Mini-jack audio cable
- RCA to RCA audio cable
- Custom built for every Audioengine model.
- Robust speaker construction.
- Video shielded drivers.